Rob took me to a musical last Saturday night, shocking I know. When he told me he bought tickets to this show I was shocked and excited. I grew up with musicals and love watching them. Although in reality I mock all thespians I really do enjoy the work they produce. I can only guess that Rob's major motivation was his intense love for history and possibly his desire to shake date-night up a bit. I sat there really thankful that he, like my dad, had always been moved by history and the great lessons we all can learn from the amazing men, women and events that have taken place in our past. I also secretly wished my parents would of been sitting there watching it with us, I know they both would of been bawling.
It truly was amazing, I bawled the entire time. It really made me thankful for our armed forces and the sacrifices they and their families have made and continue to make for our freedoms. The show was written based off of actual letters written back and forth between families during WWII.
Don't tell Rob but I have plans to attend Les Miserables when they come back to town. Rob's never seen it but since it's historical I know he'll love it too!
2 comments:
What an awesome husband you have!! Glad to have him as my big brother. Im sure it was a great time and something "new" to do on datenight.
Wow what a tear jerker! Soldiers really are amazing and sacrifice so much. Not to mention their families. I think it's the sweetest thing when your man steps out of his comfort zone to do something you enjoy. Way to go Rob!
Post a Comment