June 4, 2008

Back in the renting saddle again

After 6 months of not renting our basement apartment our pocket book is ready once again to have some relief. We've never lived in the basement of our home before and wanted to give it a shot.
Especially cause I'm home full time now, I thought I'd go crazy living in our little house so we wanted to spread out.
Well we've decided
1. We are used to living in the upstairs only
2. It's only more for mom to clean
3. $600 bucks a month(easiest way to increase the cash flow)
4. Basically more space - smore space, who needs it!
5. Thankfully I didn't become to attached to the basement or this would of been a painful but necessary adjustment.

So we posted it on craigslist and within an hour we had someone out here viewing the apartment with several more calls as well and 8 or so emails Monday night, not bad for a few hours online (gotta love craigslist).

Ok so part of the reason I wanted to post was to show some of the hard work Grandpa Weiss has been up to for us. We've had to put in a bigger window in the bedroom and pave a section of a previously "green" area on our driveway and a few other minor upgrades. Costly improvements but luckily Rob's step dad Chris has been blessing us with his "mad skills" and in the process saving us about $1,000.
Thanks Chris we love that you are always so willing to help us with home improvements! Hopefully you can forgive us ;)!

This lovely window cost us $450 and then $250 to have the concrete cut so it could fit in. Labor was free thanks to Grandpa (we did feed him pizza and rootbeer and Grandma helped us corale the girls in the process)
The window came to a grand total of $700. I mention the price cause I just can't believe how much stuff costs, holy freaking cow dude!
Oh and I just gotta thank Provo City for making this all possible ;(

2 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

That's awesome! It looks so good- minus the cost, its so crazy how one little window can cost so much. That's great that you have been getting a lot of phone calls about the apt, makes it a lot easier and less stress.

AdaMandy said...

It's a good apartment I speak from experience. You'll get it rented fast. Man I wish we lived closer, my husband works for a glass company and could have gotten you a deal. Bummer, atleast the labor was a good deal.