May 26, 2008

what a goof . . .


Tonight Robby and I were snuggling watching a movie and I got a little excitement shutter, "What", he said, "Oh, I said I just can't wait for my garden"

Yup I had started to spontaneously imagine all the delicious veggies we were going to be harvesting. Fresh beans and tomatoes, strawberries and herbs. Hmmm . . . oh and imagine the canning possibilities . . . salsa and spaghetti sauce, freezer jam and beans, just can't wait to see those cans lined up on my food storage shelves. I know, almost can't stand myself.


The other day I was at my sister's house and asked to see her "store" in her basement. Shelves filled with food and canned goods, I've got the picture in my head now and can't wait to duplicate it here in my own basement!! Love having an older sister to learn from and copy! ;)

2 comments:

Adrian said...

What a nice compliment. Thank you. I cant wait either. I think we should can a few things together as well...it's funner that way!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Wow J! Started a garden. That's awesome. I'm sure it will be nice to have fresh veggies out your back door. Let me know if you need help weeding, I enjoy it, don't know why. But I guess it came from my childhood memories.