August 24, 2010

First Day of First Grade!

Abby had an ok day . . . lets call it. It's going to be a challenging year. We've moved bedtime up to 7:00 after Abby reported she fell asleep in Mrs. Thompson's class. "Well she was talking Chinese and I didn't understand her" she says, then she informs me she wants to take school lunch, that all the the kids take it, but I've heard those school lunches are so unhealthy. We'll probably compromise and let her take it once a week or something. I had a little anxiety all day wondering if she actually made it to class and if she has someone to sit with at lunch and if she was really scared and didn't want me to know. Abby comes off very tough, which I'm sure she is but I just hope when she needs to open up and let me in, she will. Glad I'm not a kid again, although I feel like I'm reliving it through my child. Ah this parenthood thing has suddenly made me a little anxiety filled.



Now I get to know my other 2 little munchkins a little better, notice the rolls on those legs and the complete and utter joy shown on that face, definitely worth getting to know and kiss and snuggle!



and this one cracks me up constantly!

4 comments:

shauna/doug said...

Oh, little Maggie. What a joy! She looks so happy. And Sophie has really blossomed. Can't wait to see them. Abby in Levis. Has she given up the skirts? Oh, it sounds like quite a year with the Chinese words flying around. Ne-how.

AdaMandy said...

I can't believe that she is in first grade already. It's crazy to me. I think I'd fall asleep listening to another language as well. I do think that is the coolest thing she is learning. When i was in elementary is was cooler to have a meal from home, how funny how things change. So many changes for you guys, how crazy!

KBPatterson said...

I completely understand the anxieties that come with sending your kids to school. I think I am more nervous about things than they are, thank goodness. Abby is so outgoing though, she probably made lots of friends and had a great time. I am jealous she gets to learn another language. I wish they did something like that at my kids school.

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Abby is so grown-up! Thats funny about the lunches. Although now a days I hear they are making them more healthy. You better be learning chinese as well.. ;)
Maggie is such a ball of happiness, too cute. I love it. Is she pulling herself up now? I would expect nothing different from Sophs, she cracks me up! I love her cute little voice too :)