December 26, 2009

A Homemade Christmas. . . . almost

Fun matching Christmas Eve Pj pants. They were amazingly alot easier to make then I had imagined, I'll definitely be making them Pj's each year from now on. Getting them to bed couldn't have been easier that night, they wanted to make sure Santa came.


This year I decided to make it a homemade Christmas. Since I'm not sleeping well at night and there are so many cute things to make little girls out there in blog land I decided to go for it. It made it really fun for me as well as really cheap for our little girly family. I say it was homemade, almost because Rob had to get them some stylin boots and $1 store and the distribution made up the majority of their stockings. I think this theme will continue as long as the girls stay young and don't start asking for crazy electronics and or gadgets. In most of the pics you can see some of the fun stuff I made.

Christmas morning, you can still see the sleepiness in Sophie's eyes, but look at that grin!
Abby trying to read her new little Book of Mormon
Abby got some birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa and told Dad a few days before Christmas that she wanted to buy Sophie a Christmas present with it. She picked out this perfect little tea set that they've been playing with ever since. You can kinda see in Sophie's arms a doll I made each of them.
I swear she was happy... a close up of Abby's apron with her crown I made out of felt.
Sophie's Apron, you can also kinda see some fun Wands I made out of felt on the floor.


Eating cinnamon rolls and a
look at Rob's homemade PJ pants.



Opening their stylin boots



Christmas was fun and relaxing and wow can't believe it's come and gone already! Next year we'll have three little girls opening gifts on Christmas morning. Life is pretty good!

5 comments:

AdaMandy said...

What a fun idea making those gifts. I wish I was that creative. I love sophie trying to hold up her stocking. Abby with the BOM is so cute.Glad your day was so great!

SassyMonkey said...

cool ideas, I can't wait to see your handiwork in person. I would ask for a pj tutorial, but you'll be kinda busy when we get there!! :)
ERYN

KBPatterson said...

I am so impressed! You have some mad homemaking skills! I wish I was that talented! I love the girls playing together with their tea set...too cute! It looks like they play so good together. I'm glad you had a great christmas!

shauna/doug said...

So fun to see Christmas. You were a busy seamstress. Proud of you. You just inspired mye to make some PJ pants. I get into mine in the evening and Dad needs some. I have looked but can't find the $5 ones I used to buy in SLC. Maybe a trip to the fabric store for me. And I do wish I had my serger with me. Also amazing how kids are satisfied with sweet, homemade gifts. Did you make the stockings? Little Sophie could have climbed into hers! Thanks for letting us see it all.

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

I love it J! I think its awesome that you have the talent and desire to do things that mean so much more than store bought stuff! You'll have to do a close up of the dolls, I want to see how they turned out. Too cute!