March 5, 2010

as close to perfect as it gets

I think it started Wednesday, I felt like life was just perfect. Like it really couldn't get any better, I was feeling so content as a wife and mother. I even said it out loud Thursday to Rob and I said it in such a cheesy fairytale like way that he got a good chuckle out of it. But below are some of the things that brought me to this high . . .

Robby practicing basketball with the girls at the church. I cleaned out our Relief Society closet's while Rob taught Abby BEEF . . .




B: bend your knees
E: elbows in
E: eye on the rim
F: follow through








Sophie usually strips down and puts on her favorite boots once a day.
Oh and without fail every time I go to put Maggie in the swing you can bet Sophie has already buckled the seat belt for me




Painting wooden eggs we bought at the dollar store (I actually kept my cool during most of this exercise, which is why I probably had those, I'm such a great mom feelings)
Disco dancing in the living room


Yes these are leaves on our patio from last fall . . . what do ya do? But wouldn't ya know it by Saturday I was having a mental breakdown and questioning my value as a wife and mother, so much for perfection. Still hoping it's the bi-polar pregnancy hormones leaving my body ;)
I guess for me life is just sprinkled with enough of the "fairytale moments" to make the daily grind do-able.

5 comments:

Kkelly said...

LOVED this post. You have a way with writing things on here that get to me Janae!!

shauna/doug said...

The BB shots are great! How fun to learn these things from your Dad. Great job Robbie!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Thats just an awesome feeling J!! Makes all of the crazy and long days just seem worth it! Thats great Rob is teaching Abby the fundamentals of basketball. Never too early! We want a college scholarship!! :)

AdaMandy said...

How could life get better? Good husband, great kids. Everything else, whatever. :) I'm glad to hear you're content and happy. Your pictures are so cute. I think Abby looks awesome shooting hoops, and Sophie's boots made me laugh. What cuties.

KBPatterson said...

What a great Dad to teach Abby the the ins and outs of bball. Abby looks like she is learning fast in her pics. With all the negative we hear everyday, it's nice to have someone come out and say life is great. I love that. I loved your cute pics! Sophies boots pic made me laugh too.