February 18, 2010

The Big Bad RSV and Broncheilitis

Abby's sure her eyes are gonna stay blue and then she'll be in "the club" (she likes to remind me that I'm the ONLY one in the family with green eyes).



Well we made it, after 5 days in the hospital. Poor little Maggie has already spent 9 of her 32 days in the hospital. Not so bad considering I meet a family the other night at the outpatient clinic who's little girl was 13 days old and was released the same day as us.

I am so grateful for a knowledgeable Dr and the priesthood, not to mention the nurses etc at the hospital. We'll be inside with her away from public until April, Dr's orders. Dr did mention sometimes with RSV babies they'll have a tendency to get asthma, but since neither side has a history hopefully that won't happen.

So life is good, once again we've been blessed. Luckily Rob and I are both pretty calm in stressful situations and never did I feel like things were out of control or too hard (thanks to our knowledge of the gospel I'm sure). I called Rob on the way to the hospital after the Dr sent us that way and he called his brother to come watch the kids. Of course I was tearful and didn't call anyone until about 8 that night when I was composed, she'd had a blessing, and I knew talking about it wouldn't make me cry.

Scary stuff to have such a tiny one in the hospital but it felt safe to have her there where she could get the care she needed. What would we do without our amazing medical system? Can you imagine if it was 100 years ago? We probably would of lost her.

Thanks so much everyone for your calls, prayers, text's, dinners, groceries and worry on our behalf so great to have family and friends for support!


Here she is wrapped up in Grandma's love, thanks Mom for the quilt-I love it and like to think she's getting hugs from you and dad when ever she's in it!

5 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

So glad she is home now and doing better! She is just so dang adorable!! I dont blame you for not going out until April!! Its too scary with a newborn. I just love holding that little girl :)

shauna/doug said...

She looks so darling and not like a newborn at all. That is what happens with those big babies. So grateful that she is at home now. Be careful who handles her. Put a mask on everyone and make them wash their hands. Be extra careful. Love to see the pics and so glad you like the blanket. I loved it too.

SassyMonkey said...

It's nice to see her peacefully sleeping in her own bed. Glad she is feeling better.
ERYN

KBPatterson said...

I am so gad she is feeling better and home now. That is so scary! It's hard enough when my kids get sick. I can't even imagine having a newborn with RSV. And what a blessing priesthood blessings are. I love her cute blanket too!

AdaMandy said...

Poor thing. How scary. I'm glad that all went well and that she was okay. She looks so comfy and cute in her blanket.