
I'm so excited! The example they are setting for their grandchildren, but even more then that, the example it is for their adult children and spouses. They are living their testimonies, putting them into action, showing God how grateful they are for their lives by choosing to bless others. In my opinion it's a tougher decision to make as an older couple then it is when you're young.
Nothing compares to serving a full time mission! I can't wait for them to fill the spirit of missionary work. I'm so excited that they will get to taste it! The Lord's work is so important and ahhh I just get chills thinking about all the miracles and wonders they will be witness too!
Every meeting we had as missionaries we meet and and sang our mission song and recited the following written by Joseph Smith:
The standard of truth has been erected, no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing, persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies my assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
Thank you mom and dad for choosing to bless our lives and the lives of our children, not to mention the people and missionaries of Missouri. I can't wait to hear about your experiences!
5 comments:
Made me cry. Thanks Jay for saying what was in my heart too.
Oh, Janae. I am in tears. You sweetie. I read it to Dad just now. Thank you for your sweet words.
That is so awesome! And what a cool place to go! I would love something like that. My husband's parents left for their mission in the Philippines last month. They are roughing it.
Thats great! Wish them good luck, I'm sure they will enjoy it very much. What a great example for the grandchildren. I LOVED getting letters from our granparents when they were on their missions, it was always an exciting thing to hear their stories.
That is really exciting! They are amazing people to go and do the lords work, and wish them luck
Post a Comment