Highlights for the day include:
- Riding in a green wagon to the surgical room
- getting a little stuffed pet Lion from the hospital, she named Whiskers
- wearing "scratchy slippers" (her interpretation)
- a fun blue nightgown that allowed her to "feel her back" and a funny blue hat
- Grandma Weiss came and surprised both mom and Abby, she then filled her prescriptions while Mom waited for Abby to get out of surgery (this was mom's favorite,thanks Janene!)
- Grandma Weiss brought Balloons, Popsicles and a movie!
- and of course Popsicles and ice cream have been her main form of food today and I'm sure for the next few days, needless to say she's in heaven.
It was so sweet as she was waking up from surgery. She was whining and crying and asking for Daddy. I love that me going back to work has allowed my girls to really bond with their daddy. She kept asking to go home and talk to daddy. It was a rare moment where Abby was almost still and willing to let me stroke her hair and rub her back.
Later this afternoon she told me that the sleeping mask "did feel like a horse was kissing her." (the anesthesiologist had told her it would)
She's been running around like a normal kid this afternoon, much to my disappointment (I was hoping I could get them both down napping so I could enjoy one as well) I have a feeling though tonight might not be so great, she's already started telling me her throat hurts-wish us luck!
The Dr told me after the surgery that her adenoids were so large that they were up into her nasal cavity. Here's hoping this helps stop the ear infections and the snoring!
6 comments:
Oh...cute abby. I have been wondering how it went. I am glad to see it went well and lots of surprises came her way. Hope the next few days are smooth.
When I got my tonsils out at 5 I remember everything. I'm glad these will be good memories for her about going to the hospital. The pain afterwards is not too fun. But, Abby is a tough chicka!
You never would have guessed that she just went through all of that by seeing her today. She is a trooper and I love how she has so much energy, even after going through a surgery! She is going to be living it up with the popsicles and Ice Cream. :) Glad they both are getting better and hopefully you will have some well rested days ahead of you!! Loves
I'm glad that everything went okay for her. What a brave little girl she is. I'm glad the hospital wasn't a scary experience for her. hopefully the next few days aren't bad for her, good luck!
Way to go abby, your indestructible.
Matt
I love the part about the sleeping mask feeling like a horse kissing her! How funny! I'm glad everything went well. Way to tough it out Abby! You are so brave!
Post a Comment