October 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday a little late

This week I'm thankful for the knowledge that life continues after death and that Families can be together Forever!

Robby's sweet Grandma Mitchell passed away on Monday. I only knew her for about 7 years but this is a women who allowed Robby and his good friend Mark to live in her basement rent free while they attended college. (I'm sure she didn't realize all that went on in that basement or maybe she wouldn't of been so accommodating) She was a sweet woman who always made me feel special. We had several good talks throughout the years and I was able to learn more about Robby and his family through her. Grandma Mitchell was an amazing support to Robby and his family throughout his life and she will be missed. I know Robby loved her deeply. But what a wonderful reunion must of been had between her and her husband. It was the first time I've really thought deeply about this. In all my 32 years this is the first funeral I've been to. (My Grandpa Linde died when I was about 6, so I very few memories of it). How wonderful to know that our families are waiting for us on the other side and that it only gets better after this life. Thank you Grandma for your amazing example and support! We love you!

2 comments:

Heiderhead said...

Oh, man my heart goes out to you and Rob. My grandpa passed in Sept and it's HARD. Even if it's eternal. Great that you have some good memories.

SassyMonkey said...

Sorry for your loss, she sounded like a wonderful woman.
Matt