Happy 65th Mom!
You've shown me all the best qualities of mothers despite your shyness for the spot light. I have taken your example of what a mother is, and both consciously and subconsciously, watched the same "type" of mother emerge from me in nurturing my own girls. How thankful I am to of had a good example to pull from.
You were the "ideal" mother. All of your efforts and love went towards the 7 of us. You sewed, you cooked, you cleaned, you ironed and breastfeed. You changed cloth diapers and hung clothes out to dry. Birthday cakes were made from scratch and hot homemade meals were on the table for every meal.
Growing up when we'd fight, Dad would tell me it was cause we were so much alike, only over the last few years have I understood this great wisdom.
The following pictures should illustrate just a few of the "Shauna-ness" I've noticed in myself, adapted just a bit of course.
Mom has always loved her day planner, I currently have 3 ways of trying to organize my life.
My coupon binder, I don't think mom couponed much but if it would've been the thing to do when we were young I think she wouldn't been just as anal about it as I am.
Mom was always looking for the best bag, something big to hold it all. I haven't found that bag yet so currently these 3 are used on an almost daily basis -all at once of course, I'm a true bag lady.
My version of mom's craft room, it gets just as messy with no floor space and yet I continue to put things in there.
More craft space I've claimed, including the shelving below. Just like Dad, Rob dreams of throwing things out.
I've started to collect Sophie's empty formula cans. The Shauna in me knows I'll find a use for them sooner or later.
I love you, Thank you and Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
Such a cute post. Happy b-day momma.
So Touching J! Your mom raised a great daughter... YOU! We love ya!
I love, love, love your mom! Sometimes I think of skipping out on my kids to go pick feathers for a few hours just to see her. I loved your post and can identify with all the "Shauna-isms" you pointed out.
I know that day planner well (she was always jotting down a favorite quote or note to herself throughout the day). And when I do go into work and sit at her box I love reading all the fun notes and quotes that adorn her area. She is an amazing woman. I feel blessed to have spent so much time with her -- even if it did involve hours of down & feathers!
Tell her I say "Hi". Maybe one of these days I will buckle up the kids and do an IDFL run just to visit. Great post! You are a cutie.
Post a Comment