February 18, 2008

Why couponing is a pain but totally worth it . . .

So as many of you know I'm kinda into couponing, for those who mock I thought I'd show you why I do it. And at the end of this if you'd all like to know how I do it, I'll glady let you in.

How much would you guess all these items cost regularly? Notice in the above shot I've got 4 packs of 4 energy efficent lightbulbs (fairly expensive little light bulbs)

Let me give you an idea of just the type of savings I'm talking here.

Orville R. Popcorn $2.99 my cost .48 cents

Electrosal tab soap for the dishwasher $4.99 my cost .50 cents

Johnson's kids soaps .99 cents my cost $free

Olay body wash $4.19 my cost $1.50

Excedrin 100 ct $9.49 my cost $3.24

Huggies Diapers $15.49 my cost $8.00

Gum $1.99 my cost $free

Lysol wipes $3.49 my cost $1.00

Guesses anyone? Well all these grocries regularly price would of come to $243.00 . . . . . how much did I pay . . . . $137.00, worth it right, anyone interested?

2 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Thats awesome Janae!! I cant believe some of the deals you got and how much you saved, I never really noticed how much I could save by using coupons.

Jessica said...

Pretty amazing....but I still don't know if I could do it. That requires some thought process and organization skills...two things I don't have while shopping.