February 22, 2008

One more example of why life isn't fair . . .

My dear sweet husband Robert as many of you know is thin and trim, always has been, probably always will be. He looks the same today as he did in High School. Not many can say that, especially us women. Well not only does he have about 1% body fat he also has extremely low cholesterol. Yes it's true I've been telling him for years that he may be thin but he probably has record high cholesterol with the amount of steak and fast food he's consumed in his life time.
Well, he had his checked the other day and both our jaws dropped when his results came back, lower then low. You'd of thought he had never consumed a steak in his life.
Me on the other hand, I've probably consumed 1, yes I said 1, entire steak in my entire 31 years of life. My first was at the ripe old age of 19, not kidding. I was on a date and we went to Outback Steakhouse and my date couldn't believe I'd never savored what he called heaven. I had a bite that night maybe 7 or 8 more since (every so often Rob has tried to get me to start a love affair with his mistress hasn't worked yet).
Why is this unfair, well cause about a year ago I had my levels checked and they were close to high. Not quite there yet the Doctor said but getting close, oh and she also said I needed to increase my good cholesterol, hmmm . . . leading me to conclude that life once again just isn't fair.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Love the new look...very cute!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Love the new blog! Its so dang cute and unique! Yes its so true about Rob, it makes me so mad that we have the same parents and both Rich and Rob are thin, and anything I eat goes to every lumpy spot on my body.. Curse the woman figure.. ha! I cant believe you dont love steak though.. thats my weakness! Hope all is well with the tending!